Stress less: Ginger tea is the answer to all your worries
09:38 GMT, 20 September 2012
If your stomach is churning with worry, the answer could be ginger.
Stomach acid is crucial to human digestion and when we’re stressed its production can break down.
Dietician Alice Mackintosh says, ‘Ginger can help as it stimulates the taste buds, triggering digestive secretions.
Ginger has a number of health benefits and even a whiff can lift your mood
'Hot water with a slice of lemon and chopped ginger is an excellent way to stimulate digestion.
‘Ginger contains a potent antioxidant, gingerol, which helps cleanse the harmful chemicals our bodies produce when we’re worried, so ginger can help psychological stress too.’
The drinks is also great at uplifting one's mood and can banish all negative feelings.
Packed with antioxidants, it has a whole range of health benefits so is the perfect Winter warmer.
THE BENEFITS OF GINGER TEA
1. Impedes Motion Sickness: Have a quick cup before traveling to keep the sickness and headaches at bay
2. Combats Stomach Discomfort: Great for digestion and aiding the absorption of food
3. Reduces Inflammation: Can ease joint inflamation and helps ease the joint soreness
4. Fights Common Respiratory Problems: Perfect for fighting off coughs and colds
5. Encourages Normal Blood Circulation: Not only does the drink help blood flow, it also can stop excessive sweating and fever
6. Remedies Menstrual Discomfort: One tip to relieve menstrual pains is to place a hot towel drenched in ginger tea on your stomach
7. Strengthens Immune System: Packed with antioxidants, it is a sure start to better health
8. Relieves Stress: Even one sniff of the drink can improve your mood