Kirk and Mick Norcross treated for smoke inhalation after fighting blaze at Essex home


TOWIE trauma: Shaken Kirk and Mick Norcross treated for smoke inhalation after fighting blaze at Essex home

|

UPDATED:

12:22 GMT, 25 April 2012

The Norcrosses were grateful to escape unharmed from a blaze at their Essex home yesterday.

Mick Norcross was treated for smoke
inhalation and Kirk suffered minor cuts after attempting to put out the
fire that broke out an upstairs rooms around 2.30pm.

Two fire engines and an ambulance
arrived on the scene 20 minutes later, and the TOWIE stars were pictured looking shaken
as they sat outside with oxygen masks.

What an ordeal: Kirk and Mick Norcross comfort each other after a fire broke out at their Essex home yesterday

What an ordeal: Kirk and Mick Norcross comfort each other after a fire broke out at their Essex home yesterday

Mick inspected the damage inside the house, but despite the destroyed room, he was looking on the bright side.

'Thks 4 the support re the fire @my
home,not gd coming home 2 smoke coming out the roof,thks @kirk_official
& Paul 4 trying 2 put it out!' he tweeted.

'Thanks again for all the support at least no one was hurt its only material it can all be fixed, #PMA ! X' (sic)

Close call: Mick uses a breathing apparatus outside their home as fire and ambulance crew arrived at the scene

Close call: Mick uses a breathing apparatus outside their home as fire and ambulance crew arrived at the scene

I'm alright: Kirk tweeted that the firemen 'saved his life'

I'm alright: Kirk tweeted that the firemen 'saved his life'

Kirk alerted his fans to the unfolding drama when he tweeted yesterday afternoon.

The 24-year-old reality TV star took to Twitter to tell his followers that he was asleep in the house when the fire broke out.

And after attempting and failing to
control the flames, he called the emergency services who treated him for
the effects of smoke inhalation.

Emergency: Two fire engines was parked outside the home as well as an ambulance whose crew treated the TOWIE stars for smoke inhalation

Emergency: Two fire engines was parked outside the home as well as an ambulance whose crew treated the TOWIE stars for smoke inhalation

Damage: The fire broke out in an upstairs room around 2.30pm

Damage: The fire broke out in an upstairs room around 2.30pm

He wrote: 'Dramas!!!! Got woke up to
my dads house on fire! Tried my best to put it out #MyLungsAreF*****
thanks Mr fireman for saving my life! X”

Essex County Fire and Rescue service
confirmed they were called after a fire started in the bathroom of the
house owned by his father in Bulphan,
near Thurrock.

Assistant divisional officer Tony
Clark said: 'The fire appears to have been started accidentally by a
pile of towels stacked on a shelf too close to a down-lighter in the
ceiling.

'At least no one was hurt': Mick inspects the damage from the blaze at his home, which son Kirk attempted to put out but was looking on the bright side

'At least no one was hurt': Mick inspects the damage from the blaze at his home, which son Kirk attempted to put out but was looking on the bright side

'The man had inhaled some smoke and
was given oxygen therapy by firefighters and then checked over by
ambulance crews. /04/25/article-2134884-12C22849000005DC-260_634x421.jpg” width=”634″ height=”421″ alt=”Destroyed: The upstairs bathroom was left in a mess after towels stacked too close to a light caused the blaze” class=”blkBorder” />

Destroyed: The upstairs bathroom was left in a mess after towels stacked too close to a light caused the blaze

Sharing his news: Kirk took to his Twitter page to relive his drama

Sharing his news: Kirk took to his Twitter page to relive his drama