Kate Moss to Heidi Klum: The world's 20 richest models worth – and they're worth 579 million between them
Instead of fruitlessly endeavouring to curb the excesses of fat-cat pay, perhaps David Cameron and Vince Cable should turn their attention to the world of modelling.
Twenty-two years since Linda Evangelista said, ‘We don’t wake up for less than $10,000 a day’, the sums earned by supermodels now rival the biggest of bankers’ bonuses.
The money’s in endorsements. Kate Moss has been the face of Rimmel, Balmain, Agent Provocateur, H&M and Burberry (the last two dropped her after her 2005 cocaine scandal), designed her own collections for Topshop in 2007-10 and is currently the face of Mango.
1. Gisele Bndchen (96m, Brazilian)
Tyra Banks’ 57 million reflects her role as executive producer of America’s Next Top Model, a worldwide TV franchise.
So why is Leonardo DiCaprio’s former girlfriend Gisele Bndchen at the top of the list Flip-flops.
Her Ipanema line of sandals has been growing since 2001, with over 250 million pairs sold in 2010. She also has a skincare line, Sejaa, and her land holdings in Brazil include a hotel.
2. Tyra Banks (57m, American)
There is one (former) model whose 743 million fortune dwarfs those of all the others put together. Her name
Slavica Ecclestone. Her ex-husband may disagree that this amount constitutes earnings. So we left her out.
HERE ARE NUMBERS 3-20…
3. Christie Brinkley (51m, American)
4. Kate Moss (50m, British)
5. Heidi Klum (45m, German)
6. Elle Macpherson (38m, Australian)
7. Claudia Schiffer (35m, German)
8. Naomi Campbell (31m, British)
9. Milla Jovovich (23m, Ukrainian)
10. Adriana Lima (22m, Brazilian)
11. Daria Werbowy (19m, Ukrainian)
12. Helena Christensen (18m, Danish)
13. Natalia Vodianova (15m, Russian)
14. Doutzen Kroes (13m, Dutch)
15. Eva Herzigova (13m, Czech)
16. Christy Turlington (11m, American)
17. Linda Evangelista (11m, Canadian)
18. Cindy Crawford (11m, American)
19. Carolyn Murphy (10m, American)
20. Stephanie Seymour (10m, American)