More drama for John Travolta as old cross-dressing photos surface
Masseur John Truesdale 'offered $125,000 by Team Travolta to keep quiet'
18:55 GMT, 23 May 2012
He's been accused of sexually assaulting male masseurs – but today John Travolta was heaped with fresh embarrassment after photos surfaced of him cross-dressing.
The Pulp Fiction star appears in full drag – and the pictures, published in this National Enquirer, are allegedly not for a film role.
In the snaps, the 58-year-old actor is wearing a white dress, brown belt, fur stole, earrings and a necklace.
A bra is even visible beneath the knit frock.
Read all about it: Pictures of the star dressed in drag appear in this week's issue of The National Enquirer
New drama: New photos have surfaced of John Travolta in drag
He also wears a face full of makeup, including thick black eyeliner and pearly pink lipstick as well as a blonde wig pulled back into a ponytail.
The photos were obtained by The National Enquirer from a party in Los Angeles that John attended in 1997, just six years after marrying Kelly Preston.
Unhappy home life: Travolta's wife of over twenty years, Kelly Preston, is said to have moved out
In another bitter twist of fate, the magazine claims that his wife of over twenty years has left him in the wake of his cross-dressing scandal.
A 'friend' of the actress' says: 'Kelly told me their marriage is over and made it clear that she's no longer living in the family home.
'She's put up with John's double life for decades while his behaviour remained in the shadows.
'But all this coming out in public has humiliated her. Kelly is absolutely destroyed.'
No doubt his children, Ella, 12, and Benjamin, 18 months, will be affected by this recent scandal.
John is certainly no stranger to dressing up in drag.
He wore women's clothing on the big screen as Edna Turnblad in the 2007 silver screen adaptation of Broadway musical Hairspray.
Though his tongue-in-cheek role had many laughing, this current photo scandal is certainly no laughing matter in the wake of recent reports that he sexually assaulted male masseurs.
The New York Daily News reported today that one of the two accusers was offered $125,000 by Team Travolta to keep his mouth shut.
Though the Get Shorty star's lawyer, Marty Singer, calls the claims 'completely false', John Truesdale is firmly standing by his story.
The former US Army medic reportedly turned down the offer and hired celebrity crisis lawyer Gloria Allred.
Travolta and family: John's kids Ella and Benjamin will no doubt be affected by this scandal
However, the 40-year-old black belt withdrew his $2 million federal lawsuit last week, as did the other accuser, who has not been identified and is referred to simply as 'John Doe No. 1.'
Truesdale's innocence was called into question on Tuesday when his name was called into question in an unfavourable way.
RadarOnline reported that he was fired from a North Carolina massage job eight years ago for being 'sexually inappropriate' with clients and co-workers.
It was he who reported claims of misconduct on May 8 when he said that Travolta touched him inappropriately at the Beverly Hills Hotel on January 16.
For his part, flight records and photos have placed Travolta 3,000 miles away from the alleged incident in California.
Trousdale claims he got the dates wrong.