Halle Berry 'wants permanent protection order against ex Gabriel Aubry' after his brutal fight with new lover Olivier Martinez
11:05 GMT, 25 November 2012
14:28 GMT, 25 November 2012
After a long custody battle mainly fought inside the courtroom, things between Halle Berry and her ex Gabriel Aubry turned physical and reached a boiling point over this Thanksgiving weekend.
The model ex was involved in a fist fight with the actress's new lover, Olivier Martinez, on Thursday, which resulted in the couple getting an emergency protective order against him.
A judge granted the temporary order, which stated that the Canadian model is currently not allowed to come within 100 yards of Halle, Olivier and his four-year-old daughter with the actress, Nahla.
Scroll down for video
Protection: Halle Berry wants to get a permanent restraining order against her ex Gabriel Aubry after he got into a fist fight with her current fiance Olivier Martinez on Thanksgiving
The emergency protective order is said to be lifted on Tuesday, but now TMZ reports that the former Bond girl will be taking her ex to court again to make the restraining order permanent.
If the request is granted by the court, this means Gabriel will not be allowed near his daughter for an undetermined period of time.
A source told the website: 'If Gabriel can't control himself enough to protect Nahla from emotional trauma, it's too risky for him to be around the child, Halle, or her fiance.'
On Friday, Halle resumed her everyday life and took her daughter to see a live performance of TV favourite Yo Gabba Gabba in Hollywood, but took four police guards on motorcycles with her for the outing.
Custody battle: Gabriel is currently not allowed to come within 100 yards of Halle, Olivier and daughter Nahla, a ban the actress wants to make permanent
Swollen knuckles: The couple was seen leaving the hospital after the fight on Thursday, with Olivier sported a visibly swollen hand from the fist fight
Drinking through the pain The French actor was seen stocking up on liquor on the morning after the fight
The psychical fight occurred after Aubry showed up at the couple's house on Thanksgiving and got into an argument with Martinez.
After Martinez reportedly told Aubry: 'We have to move on,' the Canadian model is said to have retaliated and pushed the French actor and tried to punch him before a full blown fight broke out.
Aubry was charged with battery and taken into custody upon his discharge from hospital at around 3.30pm on Thursday – where he was treated for a broken rib and bruises to the face.
Back to everyday life: Halle was seen in the Nokia theatre in Hollywood where she and Nahla enjoyed a live performance on Friday
Scared However, she was escorted by four policemen on motorbikes during her outing
He was later released on $20,000 bail, after which the emergency restraining order was granted to the Oscar-winning actress, her fiance and her daughter.
Meanwhile, 46-year-old Martinez was seen on Friday with a swollen hand and neck injuries after the altercation.
Aubry and Berry, 46, have been involved in a bitter custody battle ever since their split in 2010.
Earlier this week, the actress tried convince a judge to allow her to move to France with Nahla to live with her new lover, but the move was blocked by the courts.
Back in the day: The former couple, here seen in 2009, have been involved in a bitter custody battle over four-year-old daughter Nahla, with Halle now trying to block all contact between the father and daughter
VIDEO: Bruised Olivier tight lipped when asked who started fight…